gerund or present participle: budgeting
- Allow or provide a particular amount of money in a budget.
- Provide (a sum of money) for a particular purpose from a budget.
The core function of a finance department is to allocate the right amount of resources to the right department at the right time. For employees looking to better understand the challenging task of budgeting, Lynchpin is organising a 2-day course.
Who Should Take the Course?
The EFFECTIVE FINANCIAL PLANNING, FORECASTING & BUDGETING by Lynchpin covers a wide range of strategic questions. Directed by Inclusive Consulting CEO, Mr. Zaid B. Zeeshan, the course is ideal for finance professionals to:
- Contribute effectively to the budgeting and forecasting of future plans of your department as well as the organization
- Learn the budget planning processes, preparation, review control and modern day tools for budgeting and variance analysis.
- Discover and leverage on the different types of budgeting techniques that can be used in organizations.
- Gain insights into defining the “uncertainties” that affect companies’ ability to produce accurate budgets, and quantify this with stress-testing, what-if and scenario analysis techniques.
- Understand how to build budgets for the “real world”, allowing for flexibility and future change.
The Course Summary:
The budgeting process begins with zero-based budgeting, that is starting at zero and determining the needs of each department and tasks which can provide a far more accurate budget than just allowing for a simple incremental increase each year.
Budgeting also plays a critical role in strategic planning. As software and hardware needs become more sophisticated, annual budgeting is a must. Unless you plan ahead and include the costs of changes in your budget, you may find your organization going without the benefits of future advancements or expending significant amounts of money.
As many organizations have recognized over the past year, costs are certainly not a constant factor. Although it is not possible to predict fluctuations in variable costs it is important to review trends and determine if certain costs are unnecessary.
Meet the Course Director:
Zaid is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) as well as a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA), from the USA. He is also a certified Six Sigma Green Belt. He has over 14 years of experience in auditing, accounting, finance, taxation and inventory management as well as extensive experience in conducting focused in-house training courses in USA and Pakistan.
He is currently the CEO of Inclusive Consulting, which is a management consulting company based in UAE. He uses his varied experience and knowledge base to adopt a very practical approach in conducting training courses, providing participants easy to use tools / tips.
He started his career in public accounting in USA where he spent more than 6 years specializing in auditing and accounting services to various high profile clients including governmental and not-for-profit entities. He was associated with Baker Tilly Virchow Krause and Deloitte & Touche in USA.
Find out more:
You can find more details about the course and the complete course outline by downloading the brochure below: